If you spot wasp nests or wasps buzzing around your home, the last thing you’d want to do is disturb them and get stung. Wasp stings are painful and can be life-threatening for those who are allergic. It’s best to leave this dangerous job to bee and wasp exterminators for help. Aside from removing the wasps wholly and safely, they can also help you simple preventive ways to keep your house wasp-proof.
Are DIY Wasp Removal Methods Safe?
People have come up with rather creative ways to tackle wasp nests on their own, including burning, flooding, and hitting them with a blunt object. These methods are often ineffective and risky, especially for amateurs.
Wasps don’t attack unless provoked. However, unlike bees, wasps are more aggressive and can sting multiple times. They also mark intruders with their chemical scent to warn other wasps. They also tend to chase and follow perceived intruders. Thus, you may only end up hurting yourself or others with improper wasp removal.
Why Call for Professional Wasp Exterminators?
For your safety, hiring experts on bee and wasp removal is the best way to avoid getting stung by angry wasps. These specialists can successfully remove wasp nests and have features that make them better than any homemade pest solution:
- They are well-trained and experienced. Experts can remove nests in small attic spaces and hard-to-reach areas like roof eaves and overhangs.
- They are knowledgeable. The pros know everything about different wasp types, behavior, and allergic reactions, making them reliable in handling any wasp incident.
- They promote cost-efficiency. Exterminators use tested and approved chemicals to remove wasps and their nests, so you don’t have to spend on improper bug sprays.
- They can handle large or multiple wasp nests. Professionals can eliminate nests of any size and prevent wasps from coming back by using more potent chemicals.
- They apply safety measures. Expert bee and wasp exterminators always wear special gear to protect themselves from stings and chemicals used.
How Can You Prevent Wasp Nests at Home?
Prevention is always best for wasp nests. After getting professional services, follow this to-do checklist to keep wasps away from your home:
- Seal off potential entryways.
Check tiny cracks around the house, particularly window and door edges and openings for power lines. Do this when worker wasps have expired in late fall or before wasps start building nests in early spring.
- Remove or cover wasp food sources.
Wasps are fond of protein and sweet food, so make sure to keep pet food inside and waste bins covered. If you have fruit trees in your backyard, pick up or dispose of fruits that have fallen to the ground. Also, if possible, use an indoor composting bin instead.
- Protect roof eaves and small structures.
Birdhouses and areas under the roof are ideal locations for building wasp nests. Protect these by lining overhangs with aluminum foil or rubbing them with regular bar soap.
- Do regular inspections and monitoring.
Wasps build their nests in sheltered areas like window corners, porches, awnings, arches, and gas grills. Check these places for newly started nests. New wasp nests, though harder to spot, have little wasp activity and easy to remove.
Win the Wasp Battle With the Pros
When handling wasps and their nests, safety and prevention are key. Be vigilant and get in touch with the experts for wasp and bee removal in Los Angeles to keep your family and pets away from harm.