Want to grow grass around your concrete driveway without upping your yard upkeep chores? Invest in top-quality Tampa synthetic grass. It can be installed on various surfaces, including soil, concrete, wood, and tiles, and doesn’t require much maintenance to stay on top condition. On top of these, it also brings benefits to your driveway that natural grass does not offer!
Benefits of Synthetic Grass for Driveways
Artificial grass doesn’t grow, which automatically removes several tasks from your chores. For instance, there’s no need to water, mow, trim, and fertilize it. Likewise, it neither needs toxic chemicals, such as pesticides and weed killers nor seasonal lawn care to stay in top shape.
Aside from simplifying your upkeep routine, synthetic turf also:
- Beautifies your driveway
Nothing is more appealing than a touch of green on or around your driveway’s hardscapes. Synthetic turf’s vibrant color and soft texture is a beautiful contrast to the concrete’s dull gray and hard surface.
- Cools down concrete
The temperature in locations with a humid subtropical climate, such as Tampa, FL, could sometimes reach up to 37 C°. A concrete surface absorbs heat fast and retains it long after the sun has gone down. Covering the seldom-used parts of your driveway with artificial turf in Tampa, FL, will help diminish its temperature and keep its surroundings cooler.
- Solves drainage issues
When it rains or when you wash your vehicle in your drive, the water typically flows to the curbs or the surrounding soil area. In the latter’s case, water is seldom absorbed immediately, which can result in unsightly puddles or temporary flooding.
Artificial grass turf can solve this problem with its integrated drainage system. The turf’s drain holes efficiently direct the water to the subsoil to prevent flooding and excessive run-off.
- Requires minimal maintenance
Artificial grass is easy to take care of compared to natural grass. Keeping it green and lush by sweeping off debris from its surface, brushing its blades often to keep them upright, and rinsing off waste.
4 Ways to Add Synthetic Grass to Driveways
While Tampa synthetic grass is tough enough to withstand heavy weights and high foot traffic, it is not designed to accommodate the friction of rubber tires. Hence, you cannot use it to cover your entire driveway. Consider these design ideas instead, when you integrate artificial grass into concrete or any other type of hardscapes:
- Simulate grid or checkerboard design. You can do this by combining artificial grass with concrete pavers. While tires will come in contact with synthetic grass, they won’t reach the base mat, which holds the grass blades in place, thanks to the pavers.
- Fill the gaps of pavers or flagstones with artificial grass. The soft, green turf will not only offset the hardscapes beautifully but also add a touch of nature to the setup.
- Integrate strips of artificial grass into the driveway. Place them on the areas that are seldom used and don’t come in contact with the wheels of your car.
- Add turf to the perimeters of your driveway. This is the best way to add synthetic greens to your drive without covering its concrete areas.
Green Up Your Driveway with Artificial Grass
Artificial grass undoubtedly brings a ton of benefits to driveways, so what are you waiting for? Call your local turf installer now to get started on greening up your drive. Explore your design options. While you’re at it, discuss other amazing turf projects, such as installing a putting green in Tampa, customizing a playground for your children, or creating a dog paradise for your pet!